RW club international photography prize 2009
For your information. The Paris Photo (Photo fair and exhibition) website is flagging a USD 15.000 prize award. But to see the information one has to register and become a member of a club! It would make sense to register if one participates, but to see the info...
The winner of the RW Club 2008 International Photography Prize is Carlo Gianferro from Italy.
The Jury has selected 20 pictures among which the RW Club members have voted for their favorite one. The RW Club is happy to announce that the winner of the 2008 RW Club members’ special award is : Richard Hines from Canada.
The 2008 RW Club International Photography Prize will take place from 29 September 2008 until 28 November 2008, 11h00 GMT.
RW Club International Photography Prize 2007 was awarded to Swiss photographer Catherine Leutenegger. The 1st RW Club International Photography Prize was awarded in 2006 to French photographer Aurélien Couput.
This third edition is open to all photographers (professionals and amateurs) members of the RW Club who wish to use photography as a mean of artistic expression.
Start of the competition: 29 September 2008
The inscription to the competition will be open from the above mentioned deadline.
Inscription deadline: 28 November 2008, 11:00 GMT
The member wishing to take part to the competition will have to upload his/her pictures from September 29th until November 28th.
Competition selection: December 2008
The RW Club Photography competition jury will make an official selection among all pictures received. The jury will select one picture per photographer.
Online voting: 19 December 2008 to 19 January 2009, 11:00 GMT
The official selection will be available online for the members to see and vote for their favourite picture.
Awards: 20 January 2009
The RW Club Photography competition jury will announce the winner of “The RW Club prize” and the winner of “The RW Club members’ special prize”.
Baselworld production: 21 January 2009 to 04 February, 2009
The winner of the RW Club Photography competition will create an exclusive production for the exhibit in the RAYMOND WEIL booth in BASELWORLD 2009 - The World's Leading Watch & Jewellery Show.
Baselworld: 26 March to 02 April 2009
The RW Club Photography competition winner’s exhibit will take place in the RAYMOND WEIL booth. During Baselworld, a vernissage of the winner’s artworks will take place on RAYMOND WEIL’s booth, with the presence of the artist and international journalists.
- Number of photos: 3
- Format: JPG or GIF only
- Size: 600 x 600 pixels maximum
- Resolution: 72 dpi (smaller resolution will not be accepted)
- A high resolution copy (300 dpi) of each picture submitted for the later stage of the competition as the winning picture will be printed in a large format.
Awards & Prizes:
There will be two awards:
- The RW Club International Photography Prize
- The RW Club members' special award
The RW Club International Photography Prize will be awarded by the jury:
- US $ 15,000
- Exhibit in the Aperture Gallery – New York City
- Exhibition on the RAYMOND WEIL’s booth during BASELWORLD 2009 / The World's Leading Watch & Jewellery Show
- Exclusive interview with the international press
- Entire webpage
The RW Club members’ special award:
This prize will be awarded by the RW Club members after the first selection made by the jury. The vote will be available online from the 19 December 2008 to 19 January 2009, 11:00 GMT. A member can vote only once for her/his favourite artist.
- Entire webpage
- Exhibition of the awarded picture on the RAYMOND WEIL’s booth during BASELWORLD 2009 / The World's Leading Watch & Jewellery Show
- RAYMOND WEIL will support the artist by communicating the artist information to the press, professionals or potential clients.
The official jury:
The official jury is selected from professional of the branch and RAYMOND WEIL officials. The official jury is composed of:
- Pierre Keller: Photographer & Director of the District Art School, Lausanne
- Yves Aupetitallot: Director of National Centre for Contemporary Art, Grenoble
- Bruno Delavallade: Gallery owner in Paris and Berlin
- Olivier Bernheim: RAYMOND WEIL President & CEO
The Photography competition will be under the legal supervision of Mr Afshin Salamian, official attorney of the RW Club, from the law firm of Cramer-Salamian, Avocats in Geneva.