Friday 8 May 2009

M.I.L.K. Photographic competition 2009

ARCHIVED M.I.L.K. Collection 2
Ten years after the original M.I.L.K. Competition a brand new competition was launched in August 2008.  Fresh 'M.I.L.K.' was a US$125,000 online competition that challenged photographers to capture spontaneous and emotive moments shared between friends, families and lovers around the world. After receiving nearly 35,000 entries from photographers in 112 countries, 150 extraordinary images from around the world, again chosen by Elliott Erwitt, continue to celebrate our moments of intimacy, laughter and kinship. 
Friendship, Family, Love & Laughter was published in November 2009. The book includes the 150 winning images from the Fresh M.I.L.K. competition selected by Elliott Erwitt, and an introduction by M.I.L.K. creator Geoff Blackwell and retails for US$50.00 (or local currency equivalent)..




And the lucky / well deserved winner is : Victoria Vaisvilaite Skirutiene, from Lithuania.
Comment from chief judge Elliott Erwitt : “A US$50,000 award is a real responsibility. I looked over the pictures again and again. I kept whittling down the candidates to about ten, then I chose the three that speak to me personally, and finally I chose the one among them that is the best and most dynamic picture.”
See all the love and laughter winning photos : winners gallery


A competition that fits well in the month December - M.I.L.K., Moments of Intimacy, Laughter and Kinship :
"A new competition founded on the themes of friends, families, lovers and laughter to create a new collection of 150 images. The 150 winning images will be published in a new book entitled Fresh M.I.L.K.: Friends, Families, Lovers & Laughter in Fall 2009, and on selected licensed products".
The total prize pool is US$125,000 made up as follows:

One Grand Prize winner will receive US$50,000;
All 150 winners, including the Grand Prize winner, will receive US$500 for each winning image.

Deadline : 31 December 2008 >> Extended to 28 February 2009. Winners will be contacted individually and announced in April.

Visit the website and read the terms and conditions

No comments: